Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Here is a nifty little site I can't remember how I came across. You can search for authors
on tour in any area, limiting by zip code, mileage radius, and time frame. It's still in beta,
so it's a little glitchy, a little clunky, but what a great idea! You can even browse events by subject and by the names of venues. (Queens Library has three CLs listed; that's one more than NYPL has...) I don't know where they're getting the listings from; apparently you can submit events if you "sign up as an author or publicist." So far I've signed up for a weekly email notification that lets me know what authors are appearing within 30 miles of my zip code in the next two weeks, and it's a nice service. It tells me Queens Village CL has an author event on October 27th. Queens Village, did you submit that event yourselves, or did Booktour.com mine that info from some press release? I'll see what more I can find out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sharon,

Thanks so much for your positive feedback about booktour. And please feel fee to contact me with any suggestions or comments.

Best,

Kevin Smokler
Chief Evangelist, BookTour.com
kevin@booktour.com