Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Thing Number Seven


Something, anything, about technology.


I tried to post this by email, something I noticed you can do, but it
didn't work, this time. That's okay, though, as I don't know how
much I need to do that. I guess if all I had was a small handheld
device that had email but no i-net and I just had to post...
Anyway.

Today's after-work activity was posing for new passport photos,
to replace the woefully unflattering ones we've spent the last
decade trying to resemble. My brother makes his living as a photographer,
so we went to his house and got on the stationary bike (which puts you at just the
right height for his 6-foot self, and which is in front of a nice plain white wall) and
attempted to maintain a "neutral expression," which is apparently a requirement
of passport photos. Tell me, were they pulling my leg? You can't smile, or wear
your glasses? Now I have to go look that up. .... Yes, it's true, no smiling.
But you can wear your glasses.

http://travel.state.gov/passport/guide/faq/faq_881.html

I didn't even have to get out of this chair to look that up, thanks to Technology.

No comments: