Monday, December 10, 2007

My Generation












Went to Generator Blog but didn't really see anything interesting enough to click on.


At BigHugeLabs I tried the LOLcat generator, using it to caption a photo which I have posted here without my cat's permission.


But okay, library app: can you use Rollyo to search a bunch of Image generators for a particular kind you'd like to use for your library's webpage, to promote a program or service? For instance, use the Chocolate Bar Generator to headline a blurb about a chocolate-themed Valentine's Day program? (Hint: NO NO NO!!! That would be really really cheesy!! See the image?)


And I'm afraid that's the problem with image generators: they make a site look kind of cheesy.


They're just something you impulsively click, construct and email to your friend in an idle moment, not something I see being useful at work. Although, I'm starting to grow attached to EmoFiona; I could see using something like that on a personal page.

No comments: